Saturday 1 September 2012

Fleeting Moments

I am besotted with this hummingbird.
It is an absolute joy to watch as it flits around like a bee, hovering and sipping at its various sugars.
For now, the only  photographs I have taken have been through a window, which although clean, lends a certain blur to the images I have taken. 
So I hope that I can capture it on the deck with nothing in the way.



Today, the sun beats down and there is a certain, marvellous heat. 

Nicholas


"What can we gain by sailing to the moon if we are not able to cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves? This is the most important of all voyages of discovery, and without it, all the rest are not only useless, but disastrous."
Thomas Merton


I love that these are the words of the son of a painter and a Quaker, a creative and one who seeks peace...always.

I look at this glowing orb and I look within my own spirit.

I do not want to conquer this, to lay claim to this...nor could I ever presume to.

It is not about supremacy, but rather about dignity and respect. 

Respect has always been a word I have cherished. From the Latin root, we can almost translate it as "to see again"...

This moon has asked me to open my eyes anew, to look inward with compassion and deep curiosity. It is amazing what I find when preconception is replaced with reflection.

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment