Friday 7 September 2012

A Step Closer

Our ever patient,  brilliant bank manager at Tompkins County has spent the best part of five hours this week going through our mortgage papers and making sure our mortgage application is as good as it can be. Now, today, we have sent off the formal application and will wait for a commitment letter in a few weeks time. With any luck, we will be able to break ground in October. Our builder is ready and the plans are in place!
I guess we never suspected it would be easy.
I took this photograph of a bristlecone tree at the edge of Grand Canyon back in 2007... five years ago I knew I was going to emigrate to the US, I just didn't know how or when and now, I almost can't believe we are actually here, poised to break ground.


Nicholas

This morning, following quite incredible thunderstorms, these morning glory blossoms were an incredibly inviting sight.

These flowers, along with so many others, are the gifts from our landlord (and lady) to us here in the cottage.

I have forgotten what a particularly spectacular shade of blue they are, as they open to the morning light.

These particular blooms are growing up a trellis, in a raised container, alongside the stairs from our deck to the lower level. 

As I see them here, bright and almost young in spirit, I also am aware of the grounding of the coleus, the deep burgundy just behind them, to the left in this picture. And I am reminded, as I have been so often in this season of our life, that balance is penultimate.

I am also reminded that as we build our home, we will build a new garden. We will love creating that garden, incorporating the sculpture given to Nicholas by his patients when he retired, trees and flowers we love, and and and....it is all beginning to feel like it might just happen!

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment