Monday 24 September 2012

Colder weather

I guess this little fellow is waiting for his hibernation season...
he and two others have been stuffing their cheeks with all the seed they can get. 
The cold mornings have arrived and its going to get much colder, according to the farmers' almanac forecast for early next year.



Our menagerie outside has been joined by two or three American nuthatches who love the suet feeders we have set up.
Today it is gloriously sunny outside and hard to imagine that snow will come.
Nicholas

Here is the youngest member at the Malloy/Down Cottage Diner...
We are loving watching this little guy learn how to eat the seeds by himself. Nicholas caught them in this moment, both of them at the same angle, side by side. The red colouring is just coming through on the fledgling...they will be beautiful against the white of the snowfall when it comes.

Last night temperatures dropped into the high 40s and we are grateful for the sunshine which is warming the air this morning and afternoon. The seasons are definitely changing...

Today I begin my second position at the massage school, that of clinic supervisor. This basically means I will be helping the students with their practical hands-on clinics, with the public, as well as those they have with one another. It will be a nice addition to my role as co-coordinator of the part time program, which is much more administrative and guidance counsellor oriented. 

As the temperatures have cooled, I have had the desire to get my own massage table up and Nicholas is the lucky recipient of my hands (extremely lucky...as the table is heated and topped with memory foam). 

We still are waiting for the bank to offer us our mortgage, but I am now beginning to be excited about the healing room I will be creating in our new home. 

Yes...the season is changing...we are moving forward...
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment