Thursday 20 September 2012

Autumn Equinox

Yesterday morning, after a night of heavy rain, I went downstairs soon after dawn to see the sun peeking through the trees and a mist hovering about the pond. Gradually, over the next half hour or so, the light grew stronger and the mists swirled and gathered. It was a moment that encapsulated the sense of a changing season.


I took some film of the mist and will be working on a cinematic idea over the next few weeks. Let's see where it goes.
Nicholas


Here, with the help of long-exposure photography, is a photo of one of the dozens of waterfalls that grace our life here in the Ithaca area.

Waterfalls have such a unique sort of energy, in a way it is like the ocean for me, and I have been told that both emit negative ions into the atmosphere...these ions help disperse stagnant energy and depression in some people...it felt that for me.

Not that I am depressed, or stagnated, not really...but I was incredibly tired, still grieving, still reeling in many ways, from all that has recently unfolded.

But, after this beautiful walk down the gorge, after the storms, after the glorious light almost beckoned to my spirit,  from across the pond, as I sipped my cup of coffee, and it filtered through the majestic, red-barked evergreens...after these moments, I am lifted.

My sense of knowing that this move is absolutely the right one for us, my sense that my job is a remarkable fit, my sense the the home we are about to build and the creative space for art and holistic health that will be nurtured within it....all of this seems closer to my consciousness...and all of this seems to be connected to spending time in this most extraordinary landscape, celebrating all the gifts of the natural world.

I am grateful.
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment