Sunday 16 September 2012

Autumn

We returned home from Rochester last night in heavy rain with grey skies and sheet lightning illuminating the horizon from time to time. 
But today, the sun came back out and the temperature is at least twenty degrees cooler than the last few months.
It was an absolute delight to see the hummingbird come by today on several occasions. Its almost as if it is stocking up for a migration. I'm not sure where it is going to go, but I believe it might be Mexico over the winter. It hardly seems possible that this beautiful little creature can travel so far. From what I gather it will be back in late April.
At one point it hovered at the window to the  living room peering in for a few moments and then darted across to the wisteria bush and sat on an outlying twig for a while.



All my photographs so far have been through glass, so I'm hoping I might catch a glimpse of it when I'm out on deck... lets see.
Nicholas



While Nicholas was photographing the hummingbird, I was at my school. The Finger Lakes School of Massage. 

I am working there as a kind of guidance counsellor, vice principal of the part time program in massage therapy. Today was particularly rewarding as I actually also got to teach all afternoon. It was a sort of elective for half the class, while the other half had an assessment of their hands-on skills in Swedish Massage techniques.

This window is a stained-glass interpretation of the school's logo, a tree with new growth, with a crescent moon, it was a gift from the class of 2008.

Throughout the school, there are gifts from graduating classes.

Having only worked here for a few months, I understand that desire to give a gift, for each day I work there, a gift is given to me.

What a blessing...

Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment