Tuesday 25 September 2012

Changing Colors

Autumn's colors are intensifying all around us. This morning, Judy and I walked into the grounds a little further towards the beaver pond, deep in the woods where I found some glorious sumac trees, glowing in the morning sunshine.


Earlier, a Cooper's hawk had swept up to the deck chasing one of the chipmunks. It was a strange disturbance, but our landlord tells us that the hawk is often about, trying to capture his pigeons.
This evening I will be attending the five hour instruction course to allow me to take my driving test...regrettably it doesn't finish  until 10pm, so it will be a long day.
Nicholas

Golden Rod
Latin name "solidago"
Derived from the Latin words "solidus" and "agere" 
Translating as "make strong" or "make healthy"

This "make healthy" plant is everywhere on our rental property, as well as on the land we now own. It seems fitting, as in this season I am feeling a great need to begin my own healing practice here in New York. Having been largely separate from my hands-on work for nearly 6 months, I am aware that this is a growing desire in my spirit and, literally, my hands...they are longing to begin once more.

At the same time this passion is being fuelled, I am being drawn to the ideas for the garden of our new home. I also want this to have healing qualities, the forms, the plantings, the sculptures, the trees, well...all of it. Here in the cottage we are able to appreciate the vision and design brought into form by our gifted landlord...but, ultimately it is stirring my own creativity and passion...and that is a wonderful feeling...
Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment