Monday 28 May 2012

Time...

Four days to go until we leave the house! Today a truckload of clutter was cleared away in the space of twenty minutes, just as our favourite decorator made good the studio. It was as if new...
Our dining room table and chairs has found a good home and, now the house is ready for the removals team.
With only two chairs to sit on we are still able to enjoy the conservatory and, today, in glorious sunshine the smoke tree is at last coming into its own.




Its funny how the mind plays tricks though... getting up from the chair here I have an internal dialogue which says...'oh, I'll just go and watch the cricket highlights...' but the TV has gone back to the rental company and its not just a dream.
Now in the cool of the evening, Judy and I have vowed to get up at 4am to move all the paintings to their allocated rooms.
It will be a long day.


Nicholas



This hand carved clock was a wedding gift, yesterday it stopped at 11:19...it is the first time in 12 years that the battery has run down...how symbolic!


That being said, I can relate. I am really tired, this has been a big push...from the initial dream of emigrating that was born 5 years ago, to the questions about "where", to the pension planning and financial advice, the house sale, the car sale, the decisions about what to bring and what not to bring, the decision about where to buy, what to buy, who to build the new home (once we knew it was Maple Ridge and Dryden), etc...and, of course, the grief with Paddy dying so suddenly in February mixing now with all the goodbyes.


I like to imagine I am the bird on the top of this clock, happily singing away, perched at  a carefree angle, trusting that I will have all the light I need with the smiling moon and twinkling stars...and most likely I will. But, tonight, as I go to bed at 8:00 I am certainly more akin to the bird with the startled gaze. (kind of a deer-in-the-headlights look... only feathered).


We will go to sleep, wake when the sun is still asleep and, unlike this clock, our bodies and our spirits will be restored and we will accomplish all we need to accomplish before the movers arrive at 9. I am quietly confident about this, as both Nicholas and I are pretty fabulous in a crunch, we work really brilliantly as a team and our timing...well...it's been perfect so far!


Judy 

No comments:

Post a Comment