Saturday 12 May 2012

Progress

Well, my studio looks like the proverbial bomb site today... holes in the wall and chinks out of the paint. It  will all need filling in and making good, but that is the way of these things.
The Linn LP12 is to be serviced and re-conditioned. The expert at the Hi Fi store told me this morning, that the cartridge was out of alignment and that the 30 year old wiring would need a complete overhaul. Ouch... at some cost too, but I guess it is the responsibility of having vintage equipment.
Last night we went to a jazz concert featuring Acker Bilk, Kenny Ball and Chris Barber. These amazing musicians began their professional lives in the 1950s at about the same time as this truck was born! I spotted it in the Redwood forests of California in 2009.




Nicholas








This photo was taken on a cold Parisian morning, as Nicholas and I wandered the streets before the city began to awaken.


I wonder what she is remembering, what she sees, what she has seen.


At this moment in my life, as memories flood my heart and mind, as dreams intermingle with hopes and fears, as all I have ever been is about to say hello to all that I might become...I am reminded to pause, to focus my gaze, to smile a little, and trust that things have a way of working out. 


I am thankful for the inspiration that comes from unexpected sources to guide my thoughts, and my spirit.


Judy















No comments:

Post a Comment