Tuesday 29 May 2012

Boxes....

It's just past midday and Judy and I have been up since 4am. The removals crew arrived at 9 and now most of downstairs and the studio are neatly packed up in boxes; the rooms stripped bare.

Emptying drawers in my office desk I came across assorted coins, odd keys and countless bric a bric that I can't identify or see the purpose of.
We retreated to our bedroom for a brief lunch and will look forward to sitting in the garden later this evening with a cool drink. 


The sun blazes down.
We've served cold Cokes, cups of tea and plates of biscuits to the three man crew, who, are, without doubt, the best.
Amidst all this I am mindful to ensure that our crucial papers are not lost; my immigration documents, our passports, our QM2 tickets and so on. 
Meanwhile, this interior of one of our irises serves as a reminder of beauty at the heart of all things...




Nicholas


These old-fashioned English roses were on the table at the party my women friends gave me on Saturday. They have a fragrance that is sweet and lingering and today I am reminded of them. 





Today, as bit by bit our home became a uniform shade of cardboard brown, emblazoned with the words "Robinsons International Moving and Storage", I was deeply aware of the desire Nicholas and I shared in creating a sanctuary, a home where art and music and books were the featured items on display. Our garden had wind chimes and sculptures, music and form to dance with the light and the elements. 

And, in saying this, I am deeply aware that we will do so again, in a new home, in a new country....

As we were studying the boxes and the labelling on them, we were aware that "ornaments/lounge" tells us very little. As if reading my mind, Nicholas said, "What a time of rediscovery it will be." 

And it will be that, absolutely, and on so many many levels.

As I type these words he is creating a gourmet meal, we will have another early night, another early morning and then...

Robinsons...round 2!!!

Judy





No comments:

Post a Comment