Sunday 27 May 2012

Dragonflies...

So what is it about dragonflies and the symbols of the moment? 


Today, Judy and I were telling some our friends Nicky and Liam about the dragonfly moment last week when, just at the same time, a dragonfly appeared above the pond in our garden and flitted about for a moment or two.
We have at last sorted out the garage... two trips to the local dump later and we're done.
And, tomorrow, we will part company with yet more furniture.


And, of course, its all about that moment of change, of transition and, just as we bid good bye to our living room glass table, our dining room table and our last few chairs, I am reminded of the Buddha face which graces our hall.


A stillness that is a perfect symbol of change and hope...


Nicholas
















These are the pieces of driftwood I am dusting and preparing for their year in storage. At the moment they are on the windowsill of our conservatory, making beautifully reflective still life sculptures with our Iona stones.


I am aware that this moment in my life is like these pieces in a way. So much of what has shaped me is about to do so again, relationship, love, letting go, holding tight, I recognise that these are the ebbs and tides of being a human being.


As I see the beauty in the areas worn away by sand and salt and wind, I see that my heart and my spirit carry similar markings. My face has the patterns worn from laughter, from deep thought, from worry, and joy.


This season will leave its marks as well...and they will be formed by love.


Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment