Tuesday 22 May 2012

Balance...

I love hummingbirds and can't wait to create a garden in which to attract them. They are such a feature of birdlife in North America, but completely absent over here in the UK.


I spotted this one in Sausalito, California in October 2009 just outside the Inn above Tides where we stayed for a day or two.
To me they are a symbol of perfect balance and poise, or a metaphor perhaps for the process of being still at the centre of a turning world.


Beginning our lives again across the pond will be a balancing act... of staying true to our intentions and keeping calm in the chaos. 


And I will learn to tread carefully amongst the shimmering shadows...


Nicholas










We, all of us, leave a mark in our lives. We leave a record of where we have been, sometimes we are conscious of this process, sometimes we are not. 


Our lives are recorded not only in our memories, but in the memories of those whose paths joined with us for years...or moments...


As Nicholas and I have travelled to beautiful places on this earth, I have found many cairns along the way-little offerings of pieces of stone and wood, sculptures from the natural world that say, one day another person on their journey was here, in this very place, and paused to mark the moment they passed by.






I hope my life, the moments I inhabit, leave an imprint as beautiful as this.


Judy



No comments:

Post a Comment