Tuesday 26 June 2012

More Reflections...

Today, for most of the day, we were graced with buffeting breezes and the movement of air; the trees about our pond were filled with the sound of leaves, rustling in the wind.
It takes time to become absorbed by this place; to become emmeshed in such a different life. And I am hugely thankful for it, and for the newness of it all.


I have a Social Security number now... ten days after we arrived!
Next stop, my driving test.


And now, we have returned home to our haven and to the calm still waters of the pond that are unruffled by the air; the winds have gone.



Nicholas


Today, after a restful day at the cottage, we needed to run a few errands at the shops which are about a 5 minute drive away.


As we were near our land, I said I needed to go visit again, to see it, to stand on it, to feel the breezes and see the clouds. 






An unbelievable bonus was the company of our friends Paul and Cindi, our soon-to-be neighbour, Skip and...the unexpected and deeply healing presence in the form of  Dustin! Paul and Cindi's beautiful boy....oh, gosh...nothing like a little doggy love to make you feel welcome and right at home! I didn't even mind that he had taken a little doggy-dip in the little stream that flows behind the properties.


For a brief moment I was reminded of Paddy and wished his smiling fluffy self was here with me, but then I remembered that things are as they should be...always...


Sometimes it is so incredibly difficult for me to hold that truth, to trust it, to be at peace with it...but today, with Justin and a Social Security number for Nicholas...it was all joy...


Judy 


PS Dustin didn't seem to mind that I was a licensed massage therapist either.
    Win/Win !



No comments:

Post a Comment