Monday 4 June 2012

Mews Blues




Our friends from St Pauls Mews had organised a fabulous street party today, and Judy and I celebrated the occasion in style with them all.

They had included American flags amongst the bunting which added a complementary feeling to it. We were battered with heavy rain for a while and then, later, in the evening, a beautiful clear sky became lit by the silvery light of the moon. 

As the  night drew in, we gathered around a crackling fire, with the warmth much needed as the temperature fell... but in true British fashion, no one seemed to mind at all...as we sang much loved songs and said goodbye to the day.

We will miss our friends, and today, in the context of our leaving, could not have been a better farewell for us.

Thank you dear friends.

Nicholas




Today was spent the day with our friends in the Mews. They gave us an amazing send off and, yes...gave me this hat to wear. And wear it I did, for the nearly 12 hour duration of the party, proving that I, an American citizen can be just as eccentric and whacko as any mad dog or Englishman!


It was a great day, we had better weather than Queen, the sun shone brightly between intermittent showers, and I was overwhelmed by the privilege of having walked this earth with this group of people who have been my neighbours, my counsellors, my support and my encouragers.


Thank you, each of you, for the unique gifts you have given to me in the years we have walked alongside one another...and thanks for helping me to grow.


Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment