Sunday 23 December 2012

Winter Wanderland

Its a white Christmas here at our rental cottage and the birds are a delight... hopping about amongst the snow laden branches of the wisteria. Yesterday I watched the squirrel poking around for nuts in the wind driven snow, every so often blinking against the snowflakes as they were blown into its eyes.
But its the Cardinal that captivates against the white...


Nicholas


And here are six beautiful sparrows, the Northeastern America birding book describes the males as appearing as though "dipped in raspberry juice"...and yes, they do look as they have been.

I think this would make a wonderful panoramic print. It delights me to see not only this photograph, but all the images being captured by Nicholas in this season of our lives.

Again, as I have mentioned so many times since beginning this blog, I am amazed at all that presents itself to me when I create time for absolute presence. The beauty and privilege of witnessing the gentle creatures outside our window, seeking sustenance is humbling and reminds me of how gently we need to walk ourselves through our lives, careful in every moment to give what we are able to, and to recognize the blessing in doing so.
Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment