Tuesday 28 August 2012

Cardinal...

I spotted the red cardinal feeding this morning... it has a characteristic tweeting sound as it flits in and around the wisteria bush that hangs over the deck.
But it is very shy and dashes off at the slightest movement.


Tonight, the Gulf Coast is braced for a storm surge with Hurricane Isaac. It's hard to imagine such ferocity and I can only hope New Orleans manages to defeat the flood waters.
Nicholas

One of my closest friends on this earth reminded me last evening of the magical nature of the origin of my love story with Nicholas, the 72 hours of communion, on a small 3 1/2 mile island off of the coast of Scotland, the Isle of Iona.

Perhaps because of this conversation, Iona was on my mind and my heart at different moments throughout the day.

Iona is only reached only by ferry, this ferry. 

This was taken in early spring a few years ago, the ocean was choppy, the ferry had to approach the dock from a long distance to the north in order to safely allow passengers on and off, and intermittently, during our entire stay, the sun broke through the cloud illuminating the earth in spectacular fashion.

Life feels like this to me in this season. My journey is choppy, navigation requires sensitivity and patience, these waters are not easily crossed.

And yet...on many days, the light breaks through, often at unexpected moments, revealing a splendour and a glory that take my breath away.

Judy









No comments:

Post a Comment