Wednesday 11 July 2012

The Jet Stream...

We heard today that the UK is suffering an absolute deluge of rain, hail and thunderstorms! And apparently, its all to do with the relocation of the Jet Stream.
Dorking's cockerel roundabout is flooded with water and traffic delays are everywhere.




I heard that my father's condition is a trifle improved... his medication helping him function better. So I am a little relieved.


Here in the US, our dry hot weather continues with temperatures in the high 80s for at least another ten days. That too is to do with the Jet Stream relocation...


And now we hear that torrential rains are hitting the southern states. 
Outside above the pond the dragonflies flit about like jet fighters displaying unbelievable turns of speed and direction.
And the fish swim about lazily, turning this way and that, completely unable to snatch them from the air.


Nicholas







This is another of the beautiful gardens here at our respite.
Here the bold golden coloured flowers are framed against the lush green forest behind...it is such blessing to see the changing foliage and blossoms. The old lets go and the new is emergent.

I am glad for the opportunity to be reminded of the speed of change, of the need to pay attention, of the ease with which small things can go undetected, unnoticed even.

So often I have journeyed in an almost unconscious manner, worried about a future event that never happens, or regretting something from the past that I cannot possibly alter. 

When I see a garden full of life, or the iris blossoms surrounding the pond give way to seed pods, or the baby blackbird gaining confidence and changing colours....I am reminded...nothing stays the same...nothing.

What a gift I bestow on myself in remembering this. I might feel the same tomorrow morning, but I won't be...not really...I will have changed...I will have a new thought, a new dream might have taken hold overnight, a pain might have lifted...

Always new...every day....every breath...
Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment