Wednesday 4 July 2012

Fireworks...

This evening we watched spectacular firework displays in New York and Boston and, right outside the door here in Rochester, an amazing show lit up the night sky as the dusky full moon rose in the East.





I feel totally welcomed into this amazing country and, watching this evening's events, feel inspired by the sense of pride in the nation that is palpable.
Thank you, America...


Nicholas


I have always been astonished by fireworks, from Labor Day celebrations in a little town called Rushford, NY...near to where I grew up, to my time in NYC when I saw the incredible displays on the Hudson River, surrounding the Statue of Liberty...but perhaps none were more beautiful than those just outside my Mom and Dad's house tonight...




I guess it is because I have come home again...


This is my country and when I moved to England, to be with the love of my life, I don't think I ever thought I would live here again. 
But I do.
We do.
And isn't it just amazing...


Judy










No comments:

Post a Comment