Friday 26 April 2013

Almost there!

Yesterday, most of our furniture was delivered. There is still a shipment to come from the UK of course, all 250 boxes, but its a joy to see the dining room table in place and our bed installed!




And the concrete steps to the front porch, and the front porch itself, were laid too... well before the rain poured down last night.

Nicholas









If I am really honest, I am growing weary...it seems an almost indulgent thing to admit, for our home is absolutely beautiful, the light, the form, the creativity of combining our vision and creativity with that of our designer/contractor's...but, this moment is the culmination of nearly 2 years of solid planning, painful, heart-wrenching goodbyes, joyous hellos...the end of a career for Nicholas, the beginning of new careers for me, a new life in a new country for him, and a return to the country I thought I had left behind in 2000...

So, here we are, creating a soft landing for ourselves on a beautiful hill, above a beautiful village...I believe it will provide restoration and an opportunity for both of us to listen to our hearts and follow our imaginations...



Judy


No comments:

Post a Comment