Sunday 24 February 2013

Winter continues...

Snow still lies on the fields... despite warmer temperatures. The birds here at the rental cottage gather in cooperative flocks to feed on millet and sunflower seeds, despite the attentions of the three squirrels that scamper across the frozen pond to raid the deck several times a day.
At times we have counted five cardinal pairs, four or five juncos, three woodpeckers, assorted nuthatches and about five chickadees. From time to time two mourning doves sit patiently, for minutes at  time.


Work at the house gathers speed with siding being carefully positioned in place. Inside, the walls and floors are being cleaned before the cabinetry and flooring arrives. Two giant Hepa filters have cleaned the air of dust...
Nicholas


The green walls are slowly being transformed into the pale, dove grey we chose, the way the colour echoes the distant hills behind is exactly as we had hoped. Here, on this freezing cold day in February, our crew work with great care to bring our home into form.

Tomorrow, one of my most beloved friends is coming for a visit. Her son is having a look at the music program at Ithaca College...it will an amazing thing to walk through the door of this home with her. I know it is real, for I have walked through that same door myself, with frequency. But, when this place, this dream long held, is beheld by one I hold so dear...when that happens, later tomorrow afternoon...I know that I will begin to allow the fullness of the unfolding into my consciousness. 

What joy I feel, kind of like a child on the night before Christmas...it is not often we have these penultimate moments...how grateful I am to be able to share this one with a friend who will cherish it with me.

Judy




No comments:

Post a Comment